Yesterday I've been playing with a piece of leather to see if I could make something for my Voodoo Album.
It isn't finished but so far I seem to be heading towards something worth the effort.
Let me know what you think!
|I used a lot of varnished pieces in this lay-out. The name tags, made with Sizzix Alterations Thinlits Labels and Tim Holtz Alpha's, are covered with 2 layers of varnish. I did the same with the Sizzix Corner Flourish #2 and other black die-cuts. The frames are cut with Spellbinders.|
|The top picture's is covered, on request, with respect for his privacy.|
|I've let the Flourish die-cuts loose and they curl slightly because of the layers of varnish.|
|The roses are a part of the Voodoo theme and I try to use them in every part of the album. I do feel this lay-out has turned out exactly as I wished.|
|The finished Raven Skull.|
|I've decided to add some more color to the front by covering the background of the "window" with distressed Core'dinations Color Core Paper and I finished the edges with some purple raffia.|
|The Titel is made with cardboard alpha's painted with Citadel - Boltgun Metal. I added those while the painted layers of tissue paper were still wet so they are pressed into the paper. The numbers are made from wood and also painted with Citadel - Boltgun Metal. I'm not convinced I'm going to leave those as they are. They seem to stand out to much, taking the focus of off the center piece.|
|The frame underneath the Raven Skull is a MDF embellishment from a local craftstore. It's been dry brushed with layers of Citadel - Abaddon Black and Citadel - Boltgun Metal. I added a few roses in the corners of the "window" as a finishing touch.|
|I absolutely LOVE how the center piece turned out!|
|On the inside I covered the original paper with tissue paper like I did on the outside and painted it black. The original "window frame" of the front was painted Citadel - Boltgun Metal and used on the inside to frame the first picture of the series used in this album. This shows the graveyard area of the setting used during the L.A.R.P. event we played at.|
|I used the Sizzix - Corner Flourish #2 die for the top right and bottom left corners and a die from a different brand (I honestly don't remember!) for the other corners. Small roses were added as a finishing touch.|